Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Winning For Losing: Dancing Kid Aruba Indicates The Spirit Of Little League Baseball

Winning For Losing: Dancing Kid Aruba Indicates The Spirit Of Little League Baseball
Who are 11 years old, playing in the Little League World Series and his team is down 20-0 ... at the top of the fourth inning.
What do you do?
This is the situation in Aruba Team on Saturday, was received in Asia. Children from Chinese Taipei (aka Taiwan), were placed in four runs the first inning, five in the second and seven in the third to lead 16-0. When they got to the bench in the middle of the third inning, the players were crying, many of Aruba.
They had already lost once. Another loss - when a sure thing - has marked the removal of children from this small island nation (population 103,000) is located 17 kilometers off the coast of Venezuela.
One of them in tears was 11 years, Vaughn Bergen, which was due to the plate that inning. As tears streamed down his face, approached the father of Vaughn. Luigi Bergen, coach the team Aruba, told his son: "You just [BAT] here. Do you want to cry or want to do it with joy? "
Vaughn decided to do it with joy. He went to the plate and the floor in the third.
Thus, the top of the fourth inning, as the Asia Pacific padded its lead with four points higher, the ESPN cameras panned to left field and took Vaughn Bergen is ... this:
Vaughn called the motion of spin - the one where he puts his right leg behind his left knee, plunged to the ground and spins - "The SpongeBob SquarePants".
"[My teammates] told me I was crazy," says Vaughn ThePostGame.com Monday. "I danced on the bench, too."
Like him, his team placed in the bottom three in the fourth inning to make the final score more respectable 20-3.
"Dance it was all smiles, and began to hit the ball that last inning," said Luigi Bergen.
And they struck. Monday's consolation game, Aruba to win South Dakota, 5-0. Vaughn eliminated in the first round, that one.
"I was angry, because we were not going to make the final," Vaughn said when asked why he started dancing in the middle of the game on Saturday.
"My father told me to enjoy myself, and I did."

1 comments:

Hello, I live in Ukraine, and I really liked your blog, we have very few of these blogs, and ask that the petition does not Potema but I'll be very grateful if you'll delete my post, http://hahol.net

Post a Comment

Followers

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More