Search This Blog

Thursday 1 September 2011

Doug Flute Daughter's Cheerleading Squad Makes The Patriots' Like ...

Doug Flute Daughter's Cheerleading Squad Makes The Patriots' Like ...
LostLettermen.com, page college sports fan and player database, a regular contributor to Shutdown Corner. Here's a look at New England Patriots rookie cheerleader Alexa Flutie, a daughter by Doug Flutie.
There will be new in the context of a Flutie New England Patriots this season. No, no, Doug Flutie out of retirement at age 48.
Instead, the daughter of former NFL quarterback, Alexa, will debut rookie cheerleader for the Pats.
Like his father, Alex took the long road to the NFL. After only four years in the league, the Patriots released Doug after the 1989 season. He then spent eight years in Canada and has won three Canadian Football League before getting another job in the U.S.. Doug finally proved they belonged to the NFL, leading the Bills to two playoff appearances and finished his career after the '05 season with the Pats.

For its part, Alexa 23 years trying to prove it belongs, after having been refused four times by the Patriots' cheerleading squad. This spring, she finally landed a place of his father's former team.
Alexa may be associated with a burden that his father went through to make the NFL roster. Cheerleader auditions for the Patriots began about 300 girls and was reduced to 31 members after three rounds, which included two weeks of boot camp at the end.
"It 'was very difficult, very draining, but [are] all very excited to go," said Alexa.
Those who do not realize that Alexa was denied on four previous occasions the applications of nepotism, but sweeping criticism like any good quarterback in the NFL.
"I've heard some people - perhaps the reviews online and people only talk about [how] I have it for my father," said Alexa. "... The cheerleaders were absolutely great, do not judge me in any way."
Alexa has big boots to fill. To this day, his father is a semi-god in Boston win 1984 Heisman, despite his 5 feet-10, 180 pound frame, and the link to "Hail Flute" Hail Mary pass that allowed Boston College beat Miami (Florida) . In November of '84.
Need proof of Flutie greater-than-life status in Beantown?
Check the statue in his mid to pull out of BC Alumni Stadium, one of history's most famous college football game.
Alexa wants to keep him in relation to Boston sports icon, discreet, and decided to get everything he wants for himself.
"I did not want to draw attention to my last name [for tryouts] because when I did the audition, I want it on me and my goals and my career ... I want people to know me for me my father, "said Alexa.
While it is admirable, father-daughter relationship brought the news of her make-up of the company to spread like wildfire on the blogs of countless sports in May
"I must say, it was pretty crazy," said Alexa coverage. "I did not expect to blow up. I thought it would be something more local, but it was just a funny. I had friends from California, who called me," I saw you on the internet, congratulations for the Patriots cheerleaders. Why could not he call me and tell me? "
Of course, is a cheerleader in the NFL is worried about her father. NFL games are known as the family structures they would like the idea of ​​fuel alcohol, testosterone charged NFL fans drooling over their child?
In the end, Doug continues to Alexa to follow his dream.
"I mean, yes, he went through the head of my father and he understands, but he knows it's a professional atmosphere, and people are people," said Alexa. "... He knows I do it because I want to do and I love it."
So, Doug - who will be college football studio analyst Versus this season, after years in the same role in the ABC / ESPN - will be rooting for his daughter's team and old with his wife, Laurie, for the appointment of Alexa for the season .
Alexa looks and sounds like a certain part of cheerleading. And '5-foot-2 long brown hair and brown skin, high-pitched voice and a lively attitude.

And even if she appeared before nearly 70,000 people before, Alexa is no stranger to perform under pressure. She was very active in the beauty contest as a teenager growing up near Natick, Massachusetts, and has even earned the title of Miss Massachusetts USA 2010 (it is not associated with the Miss USA States, most people are familiar with).
After graduating from the College Dean last year, Alexa now divides his time teaching classes like the Patriots cheerleaders dance and coaching high school and Pop Warner cheerleaders.
And while there are advantages and disadvantages of being the daughter of Doug Flutie, the disadvantage can not be disputed: A lot of "Flutie Flakes" jokes. If you remember it's the grain of the same name that hit the shelves in 1998 while the quarterback was featured for the Buffalo Bills.
And Alexa is more prone to jokes, because she is a cheerleader, pushing the play on words that he himself is the "Flake Flute".
"I had to do a lot of [jokes]," said Alexa. "It 'a kind of fun. I take it as a joke. I do not take anything personally."
Joking aside, Alexa has big dreams that go far beyond being an NFL cheerleader. Having attended high school from La Jolla, California, while his father played for the San Diego Chargers, Alexa hopes to return to Southern California in the near future to become a professional dancer in Los Angeles. Alexa thought about moving out west next year, but may stay longer in Boston since she is able to rejoice over the Patriots for three seasons.
"My main goal is to perform and tour with a kind of pop star or something," said Alexa. "Play with Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake or Janet Jackson."
Britney Spears to become the dancer may sound like a dream, but Alexa has gotten this far yet.
And keep in mind: Fluties have the ability to pull off miracles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More